Graffiti in u'r Body

Monday, February 14, 2011

Trippin' Singapore... (10-14 feb)

I'd been planning a trip to good ol' neighbour across the border Singapore since December, but it kept getting postponed for one reason or other. So when I spotted a super low fare on Tiger Airways' website - 2 days before the departure date - I thought why the heck not and got them.

In some ways, Singapore reminds me of Sydney. There seems to be an increase in white foreigners (or the ang mohs as they call them there) and the supermarkets stock up lots of Aussie products too (I found my Chai latte packets there... yeay!). The transport system is almost as seamless (you can pretty much take an MRT or bus to wherever you want to go)... Well, let's just say the idea of doing a border-cross move and finding a job there has become more tempting.

Since my main plan was shopping (I still can't fathom WHY the same shoe & clothes brands can carry bigger sizes in Singapore, but not M'sia :P) as well as catching up with family and friends, it was a pretty chilled out trip.

Lots of time spent playing with my little nephews and niece (everything from Scrabble to Monopoly and jigsaw puzzles) - the ingenuity, intellect and imagination of these kids (aged 2-10) simply amazes me and is enough to provide hours of amusement... Also, not forgetting, the honorary "nephew" - a puppy-like bunny named Hoppy :)... There were interesting meals - homecooked briyani lunch & dinners by the lake in Punggol Park and by the ocean (just next to a huge shipyard) in Sembawang Park...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Graffiti in u'r Body